|An effective and simple method of rapidly establishing an active current of Light in the sphere of sensation is to use the Egyptian mantra from Liber AL vel Legis in conjunction with a Middle Pillar type practice, incorporating the Four Worlds map of consciousness. In this method, each line of the mantra is associated with one of the Four Worlds, thus:|
Atziluth A ka dua Sahasarachakra Kether
Briah Tuf ur biu Anahattachakra Tiphareth
Yetzirah Bi a’a chefu Svadhisthanachakra Yesod
Assiah Dudu ner af an nuteru Muladharachakra Malkuth
The entire paraphrase in english is a powerful micro-ritual in and of itself, serving as an effective invocation of the Light also along the lines of a modified Middle Pillar ritual, in that each stanza may be associated with one of the 4 Worlds, utilizing the Gate Sephiroth of Kether, Tiphereth, Yesod, and Malkuth to rise through the different levels of consciousness as one ascends the Tree, or bring the current of Divine Light down the Tree to ground into matter:
1. [Standing straight up, hands to the sides, visualize your sphere of sensation filling with radiant white light, with a barely perceptible field of blue light at the outer perimeter of the aura. With this current of energy coursing through your system, say:]
I am the Lord of Thebes, and I The inspired forth-speaker of Mentu; For me unveils the veiled sky, The self-slain Ankh-af-na-khonsu Whose words are truth. I invoke, I greet Thy presence, O Ra-Hoor-Khuit!
2. [Atziluth. Kether. Visualize Divine white brilliance above the head at the sahasarachakra as a radiating luminescent sphere and say:]
Unity uttermost showed! I adore the might of Thy breath, Supreme and terrible God, Who makest the gods and death To tremble before Thee: — I, I adore thee!
3. [Briah. Tiphereth. Bring a current of white light down from the Kether sphere to the anahattachakra at the chest, where a brilliant rose-gold solar sphere of radiant fire appears:]
Appear on the throne of Ra! Open the ways of the Khu! Lighten the ways of the Ka! The ways of the Khabs run through To stir me or still me! Aum! let it fill me!
4. [Yetzirah. Yesod. The current of white light extends down from the chest to the genitals at the svadhisthanachakra, as a sphere of brilliant luminescent violet light emerges:]
The light is mine; its rays consume Me: I have made a secret door
Into the House of Ra and Tum, Of Khephra and of Ahathoor.
I am thy Theban, O Mentu, The prophet Ankh-af-na-khonsu!
5. [Assiah. Malkuth. The scintillating column of white light descends from the genitals to the feet representng the muladharachakra, where a sphere of brilliant citrine light appears:]
By Bes-na-Maut my breast I beat; By wise Ta-Nech I weave my spell. Show thy star-splendour, O Nuit! Bid me within thine House to dwell, O winged snake of light, Hadit! Abide with me, Ra-Hoor-Khuit!
6. [Circulation of the Light. Now pause to see the four spheres of radiant light, and the central column of brilliance connecting them all Reaffirm each of the centers from the Crown down to the feet, while vibrating the appropriate mantra as below:]
[Atziluth] A ka dua [Sahasarachakra Kether]
[Briah] Tuf ur biu [Anahattachakra Tiphareth]
[Yetzirah] Bi a’a chefu [Svadhisthanachakra Yesod]
[Assiah] Dudu ner af an nuteru [Muladharachakra Malkuth]
[With each inhalation, see a current of Light rise up the central column from the feet, until it reaches the crown center. On each exhaltation, see the Light spray out of the crown center like a fountain of radiance, bathing the entire sphere of sensation in stellar light. Repeat at least three times.]
From this point, you may wish to go into meditation, invocation of the Holy Guardian Angel, or other forms of ritual and meditative Work. This ritual quickens the astral light and helps to release the several energetic layers of the aspirant, rendering and combining them into a powerful, vibratory symphony of multiple currents of energy. This rite may effectively be practiced once a week at the beginning; then moving to once a day after a few months of weekly practice; eventually twice a day sessions (morning and evening).
This practice is open to quite a lot of specialization. For example, it may be used to lock in a particular tattvic current with the proper visualizations, and then circulate the light modified by that tattva throughout the sphere of sensation. From this you may modify the practice for the consecration of implements, talismans, and so forth by charging your sphere of sensation and then projecting it onto the item to be consecrated.
You may use it to effectively change the atmosphere of a room (external influence) or your personality (internal influence) by attuning to planetary or astrological currents of energy. You may generate healing currents of life force and apply these to yourself, or to others both physically present or at a distance.
The key to these workings is the right use of breath and visualization in coordination with your intent (Will). Add to this the use of Word (vibration) with mantra, and you will unlock a powerful method of practical magick. The adaptations of the Lantern of Thebes are manifold and left to your own Inner Genius for discovery.